Any patron interested in obtaining a library card or in using any of the services provided by the library should expect to cooperate with the following policies.
- The City of Wolfforth Library serves residents of the State of Texas.
- A valid Texas Driver’s License or picture ID must be presented before a card may be issued
- Children must be at least five years old to receive a library card. Children between the ages of five and fourteen must have a parent/guardian’s signature and provide a parent’s Texas driver’s license. Minors eligible for their own card must provide a parent/guardian’s license or ID number.
- First time check-out will be limited to one item; subsequent checkouts will go up to ten items if no fines are incurred and if we are able to verify contact information. A welcome phone call or email will be used to verify contact information given on the library card application within one week of joining the library.
- No more than five DVD’s may be checked out per patron, with a limit of 10 per household/ family.
- Library card or an alternate form of identification may be requested before items are checked out.
- Replacement cards are $2.00
- Books and audio books are checked out for two weeks. DVD’s are checked-out for one week.
- It is the parent/ guardian’s responsibility to monitor the DVD ratings that a minor checks out.
- Books can be rechecked if they have not been reserved. Renewals will be given for an additional two weeks, and can be done over the phone or through e-mail.
- Books may be reserved online, by phone, email, or in person and will be held seven days after notification unless other arrangements have been made.
- Fifteen cents per day per book will be charged for overdue books. Seventy-five cents per day per item will be charged for audio and video materials. Items will not be checked out to anyone who has an overdue item or a fine.
- Please do not leave audio tapes or videos in the drop box. $2.00 will be charged for each video or audio tape left in the drop box. If items left in the drop box sustain any damage, the replacement cost will be charged.
- Books not found in our library may be requested through Interlibrary Loan. See librarian for information.
- Internet and computer access is available. See reverse side for further information.
- Staff can make photocopies for the public. Copies are .25 cents per page. The library may also send and receive faxes for $1.00 per page.
- All personal information will be kept confidential.
The library will occasionally close for inclement weather. Call ahead during poor traveling conditions.
Patron Code of Conduct:
- No tobacco products, food, or drinks will be allowed in the library.
- Disruptive or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
- Unattended/unsupervised children are not permitted. If an appropriate caregiver cannot be reached, unattended children will be placed in the care of local authorities.
- Abuse or misuse of premises will be reported to local authorities.
- Offensive language, conduct, or hygiene will cancel all library privileges.
- Threats against library staff, patrons, or property will be promptly reported to local authorities.
- When using cell phones, please be considerate of other library patrons.
Click here to get a library card.
Fine Free Policy:
Effective January 01, 2023