As a City, we would like to offer some clarification regarding the current Drought Contingency Plan and water restrictions.
- Irrigation of landscaped areas is only permitted by means of a hand-held hose, a faucet filled bucket or a watering can of five gallons or less, or a drip irrigation system.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane, or other vehicles is prohibited except by means of a commercial car wash.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pool, wading pool, Jacuzzi- type pool or any similar type of facility is prohibited.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a re-circulation system.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to firefighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare, except that use of water from designated fire hydrants for construction purposes may be allowed under special permit from the City of Wolfforth.
The following uses of water are defined as non-essential and are prohibited:
- Use of water to wash any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas;
- Use of water to wash buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection.
- Use of water for dust control.
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street; and
- Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s).